Welcome to Tennessee Child Abuse Reporting Training
Tennessee law requires that all persons must report suspected cases of child abuse and neglect. If you suspect child abuse or neglect, you should call the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services (DCS) 24-hour Child Abuse Hotline at 1-877-237-0004 to make a report. In Case of Emergency and Lift-Threatening Situations Call 9-1-1.
The purpose of this online training is to help all Tennesseans understand their critical role in reporting suspected cases of child abuse and neglect. The Training includes:
- 30-60 minutes of self-paced interactive training
- Child Abuse reporting quiz (10 multiple-choice questions)
- Instructions for screenshotting your e-learning
In addition, the Child Abuse Reporting Training explains:
- Who is required to report abuse/neglect
- How and when to report abuse/neglect
- What happens after a report is made to DCS
- State and federal laws for responding to abuse and neglect
Ready to begin your training? Click [here].
For a step-by-step guide on how to screenshot your results, click [here].
Additional Child Abuse Information and Resources:
Warning Signs of Child Abuse and Neglect Poster (English)
Warning Signs of Child Abuse and Neglect Poster (Spanish)
Child Abuse and Neglect Technical Assistance and Strategic Dissemination Center
Centers for Disease and Control Adverse Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention
Practice Guidelines and Resources for Erin’s Law
Kid Central Tennessee
Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee
Tennessee Chapter of Children’s Advocacy Centers (CAC)
Tennessee Department of Children’s Services (TDCS)